OC Restraining Orders®


Tracy.Miller_1321 copyDomestic Violence Legal Center — Helping Those in Need of Filing or Defending Restraining Orders


Whether you need help protecting your safety by bringing a California restraining order or protecting your rights by defending against one, you should know that I am prepared to advocate for your best interests.


I am an Orange County restraining order attorney whose sole areas of focus include family law and criminal law. My firm is the Domestic Violence Legal Center®, and we serve individuals throughout the entire Southern California area from our office in Newport Beach, including Orange County, Riverside County and Los Angeles County. We will listen to your concerns and give you our honest legal opinion about the options that are available to you in the legal areas of:


      • Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders: Domestic violence restraining orders may prevent contact between the parties in any way, and may even affect child custody and child support orders. As an experienced Newport Beach restraining order attorney, I can assist you with unwanted or wanted domestic violence restraining orders.
      • Civil Harassment Restraining Orders: An individual can get a civil harassment restraining order if he or she is being stalked, harassed, sexually assaulted or threatened by a neighbor, co-worker or someone else with whom he or she does not have a familial relationship. If you need assistance in filing or challenging a restraining order that does not involve a family member or individual with a close relationship, I can assist you.
      • Criminal Protective Orders (CPO) and Emergency Protective Orders (EPO): I represent clients from both sides regarding these types of orders, either issued against them or on their behalf by the court. Often, the court-issued CPO must be modified to meet a client’s specific need. In this regard I am equipped to prepare the appropriate motions requesting modifications from the court. I will stand up for your rights and protect your best interests.
      • Elder or Dependent Adult Abuse Restraining Orders: An individual over the age of 65 years or a dependent adult may request the court issue a restraining order against an abuser. These orders may be issued if such individual is abused physically or emotionally, financially abused, abandoned or abducted, deprived by a caregiver of goods or services needed to avoid suffering or harm, neglected, and/or isolated. Like a civil harassment restraining order, orders preventing this type of conduct can be issued for up to three years and an alleged victim may request renewal of said orders at any time before their expiration.
      • Workplace Violence Restraining Order: Under California law, an attorney may assist a person’s employer to obtain a restraining order against an abuser. Courts can make orders to protect an employee from suffering unlawful violence or credible threats of violence at the workplace. The court can order a person not to harass or threaten the employee; contact or go near the employee; and prohibit the accused from possessing a firearm. These orders, like all those listed above will be logged in a law enforcement database and enforced by law enforcement agencies.
      • Family Law: I have extensive experience guiding my clients through the family law system regarding a variety of legal matters including divorce, custody, child support, and domestic violence and restraining order matters.
      • Criminal Defense: When faced with a criminal charge, you need a lawyer who is knowledgeable and will stand up for your rights. I understand how emergency protective orders and criminal protective orders can affect your rights. As a former prosecutor, I understand the tactics that the other side will use, and I know how to build a defense that will likely yield the best results.


Contact a Domestic Violence and Criminal Attorney

Please contact my firm at 949-429-8098 to schedule a initial consultation. I am available to make appointments at your convenience and accept credit cards as payment. To learn more about my experience, you can also view my case outcomes and reviews.